Portable Appliance Testing (PAT Testing)
Portable Appliance Testing often called PAT testing is the term used to describe the examination of electrical appliances and equipment to ensure they are safe to use. Most electrical safety defects can be found by visual examination but some types of irregularity can only be found by testing with a calibrated testing device.
We offer great value Portable Appliance Testing services for local business, Education and Private sector business. Our inspections are carried out by our certified technician using calibrated test equipment. Stickers will be place on the items plug with the PASS logo, any items that fail will be clearly marked FAILED and will be brought to the attention of the named contact at the time.
We offer a discounted service for test counts over 100, please contact us to discuss pricing.
During the PAT Test inspection our technician will conduct several tests on your equipment. Please see below of what you can expect from our service.
- We visually check all high voltage cables for signs of damage.
- If the plug can be opened, we will check for internal wiring damage and correct fuse.
- If the plug is bonded, we will check that it has the correct fuse fitted.
Class 1 appliances:
- Earth Bond Test; This checks the integrity, strength, and capability of the earth connection
- Insulation (earth leakage) test between the live, neutral and earth in any device to ensure there’s no damage to the cables.
Class 2 appliances:
- Tested for insulation to prevent electrocution or fire.
We are able to provide a combined asset register and PAT service on the same visit, if required.
Please feel free to contact us for more details or a quote at any time.